LEAD 2016 is FULLY BOOKED!
The countdown is on to our Duke of Ed summer leadership Camp 2016. The deadline for submissions is now over and we wanted to say thank you to everyone who has applied to attend this years event. We had an overwhelming amount of applications and are completely BOOKED! In the next coming weeks those of you who will be attending LEAD will begin to receive your welcome package which contain all event details and required forms.
We look forward to meeting everyone in August for an unforgettable adventure.
This year, LEAD will take place August 23 - 31, 2016 at Camp Cedarwood, in Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba, which is approximately 1.5 hours north of Winnipeg Manitoba. This camp will be open exclusively to Award participants and LEAD staff!
This event is open to all participants 14 to 24 years of age. If have any questions or concerns about attending LEAD please don't hesitate to reach out. We are more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have to ensure you have the best summer adventure. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out Camp Cedarwood and all the amazing activities they offer.
** Disclaimer - Although Camp Cedarwood is a religious based camp, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award - Canada is renting out the facilities for LEAD which will be a non denominational event, open to all participants of all faiths and creeds.**
HOW TO ATTEND LEAD 2016
To attend LEAD 2016 there is a $200 registration fee, made payable upon registration. Participants attending LEAD will have to cover the cost of transportation to and from the Winnipeg International Airport. Once upon arrival to Winnipeg, all other costs will be taken care of by The Award. We will also bus all participants from Winnipeg Airport to Camp Cedarwood and from camp to the Airport at the end of LEAD.
**Financial subsidies may be available to help cover the cost of travel to attend LEAD 2016 for those participants who may not have been able to attend otherwise. Please contact your local divisional office to find out more.
For those participants who wish to be considered for this subsidy please contact your local divisional office.
Participant Applications are no longer be taken.
- There are only 100 spots available for participants, some spaces will be allotted to participants from different countries!
- $200 application fee is required upon application submission. Participants must cover travel expenses to and from Winnipeg, Manitoba. All other expenses will be covered by the Award.
- Participant Application Deadline is REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
- Confirmation of attendance will be sent out on JUNE 30, 2016 via email
- This is an English language experience. Participants whose first language is French will be supported as we will have some staff who are bilingual.